Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Controlling transitive dependency resolution in Gradle

Just hit this so I thought I would write up a quick entry.  I'm trying to get Hibernate and Apache CXF to work together.  I have a Gradle build.  I ran my test suite and I am seeing issues with CGLib classes.  After a little bit of research, it seems there's an issue between the ASM library that Hibernate's CGLib uses and the one that Apache CXF uses.  Solution is to exclude cglib-2.1_3.jar and use cglib-nodep-2.1_3.jar instead.  To do this in Gradle:

configurations {
   all*.exclude group: 'cglib', module: 'cglib'
   ...
}

dependencies {
   compile group: 'cglib', name: 'cglib-nodep', version: '2.1_3'
   ...
}

Adding these lines to the build.gradle file allow me to remove the cglib-2.1_3.jar dependency and instead specify the nodep version instead.  Pretty slick.

 

 

1 comment: