- Make sure the firmware on the hotspot is up-to-date. Update if not.
- Changed the radio protocol to 802.11n. It was set to 802.11g.
- Changed the network key on the hotspot.
- Forget the network on the Apple device.
- Connect to other network, selecting your MiFi hotspot network. When prompted for network key, enter the new network key.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
I've been dealing with the fact that my iPhone 4S and my first generation iPad could not connect to my Verizon 4G LTE JetPack 4510L MiFi hotspot. They did connect to it when I got this Mifi hotspot back in September 2011, but now they seem to flake out and ultimately never connect to it. Not sure if it was a MiFi issue or a device issue. I was getting to point of just returning the hotspot but thought a last ditch effort to resolve the issue may do the trick. Luckily, it seems to. Here's what I did.